Unicode Character Shows Blank, Question Mark, Gibberish
If many Unicode symbols are displayed as squares or question marks, that's probably because:
- Your browser is few years old.
- You don't have the right font installed.
- Update your Operating System. Latest version of Mac OS and Microsoft Windows as of 2013 support vast majority of Unicode 6 symbols.
- Update your browser. Any of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10 or 11.
- Install DejaVu font. This is a quality font, and free. It's installed on Ubuntu Linux by default. Or, download at: Best Unicode Fonts for Programing
- Install Unicode 6 font to display emoticons such as 😄 😍 😠 👍 👎. See Unicode 6 Emoticons and Supporting Fonts
blog comments powered by