Best Numeric Keypads
Here's the best number pads you can buy.
Truly Ergonomic Numeric Keypad, for Data Entry
This one is uniquely designed for data entry, such as using Excel spread sheet.
- Mechanical key switches.
- Tab key.
- Arrow Keys.
the keys send normal number keycodes, not the keycodes of numeric keypad. This is bad if you want to reprogram the keys via operating system.
Also, this one is not suitable as a calculator keypad, because the + - * / keys are not in standard position, and you have to hold Fn.
Jelly Comb Mechanical Numeric Keypad
This one is excellent.
- Real number pad keycodes.
- Gateron blue switches. Most tactile, clicky.
- USB 2.0 connection port.
- LOW POWER CONSUPTION: with computer SLEEP/WAKE-UP function and keypad SLEEP/WAKE-UP function, save the energy of the device if unused for a while.
Note the additional keys.
- parenthesis ( ).
- equal sign =
- ⌫ Backspace
Note, the parenthesis and equal sign keys work in Microsoft Windows only. They are equivalent to holding Alt down then press 040, 041, 061. (these are called windows Alt codes for inserting characters.)
Qisan Numeric Keypad
- Mechanical key switches. (Gateron Red)
- Blue Backlight.
The following one is not mechanical, but wireless.
I do not recommend wireless, because usually the keystrokes can be sniffed by hackers.
- Up to 32 feet working range
- Plug-n-Play: No device drivers are required
- Hibernation mode enabled automatically, no power button needed
- Compact size. 18-key wireless numeric keypad. Easy to carry and store
- With built-in mini receiver. An AAA battery (included in the package) is needed for the keypad to work
Program Numeric Keypad as Function Keys
You can program the number pad keys as function keys. For example, launch browser, switch tabs, close tab.
Tip me, at patreon
Ask me question on patreon