Xah Talk Show Topic Notes
This is my topics notes for Xah Talk Show. The show is not scheduled regularly, and the topic is also often decided on the spot. This page lists some possible topics, mostly as my personal notes of things to talk about.
when in a given show we don't have a topic, you can goto Xah Code Sitemap or any of my site link paste the page title in chat when the live stream begin, we talk about that! (posting link usually doesn't work due to Google censorship. so, post page title instead)
emacs, emacs lisp
- redo this Stereographic Projection
pacmac in unicode ᗢᗣᗤᗥᗦᗧ•• ᖈᖉᖊᖋᖌᖍᖎᖏᖐᖑᖒᖓᖔᖕᖖ ᖗᖘᖙᖚᖛᖝᖞᖟᖠᖡᖢᖣᖤᖥ ᖦᖧᖨᖪᖫᖬᖭᖮᖯ ᖰᖱᖲᖳ ᖴᖵᖶᖷᖸᖹᖺᖻᖼᖽᖾᖿᗀᗁᗂᗃ ᗄᗅᗆᗇᗈᗉᗊᗋᗌᗍᗎᗏᗐᗑᗒᗓᗔᗕᗖᗗᗘᗙᗚᗛ ᗜᗝᗞᗟᗠᗡᗢᗣᗤᗥᗦᗧᗨᗩᗪᗫᗬᗭᗮ ᔿᕁᕐᕑᕒ ᕓᒁᒂᒃᒄᒅᒒ ⢐ ⢒ ⢖ ⢗ ᒓ ᔣ ⣔ ᕛᒑ ᕅ⡩ᕆ ᔸᔹᔾ ᕇᔪᔢᔆᓯᐕᔟᔤ ᔼᔽ ᔺᔻ ᔫᔬᔭᔮᔯᔴ ᔵᔶᔷ ᕈᔰᔱᔲᔳ ᕏᕎᕗᕘᕙᕚᕜᕝᕞᕟᕠᕡᕢᕣᕤᕥᕦᕧᕨᕩᕪᕫᕬᕭᕮᕯᕰᕱᕲᕳᕴᕵᕶᕷᕸᕹᕺ ᕻᕼᕽᕾᕿᖁᖀᖂᖃᖄᖅᖆᖇ ᖈᖉᖊᖋᖌᖍᖎᖏᖐᖑᖒᖓᖔᖕᖖᖗᖘᖙᖚᖛᖝᖞᖟᖠᖡᖢᖣᖤᖥᖦᖧᖨᖪᖫᖬᖭᖮᖯᖰᖱᖲᖳᖴᖵᖶᖷᖸᖹᖺᖻᖼᖽᖾᖿᗀᗁᗂᗃ ᗄᗅᗆᗇᗈᗉᗊᗋᗌᗍᗎᗏᗐᗑᗒᗓᗔᗕᗖᗗᗘᗙᗚᗛ ᗜᗝᗞᗟᗠᗡᗢᗣᗤᗥᗦᗧᗨᗩᗪᗫᗬᗭᗮ ᐁ⣭ᐂᐃᐄᐅᐇᐈᐉᐊᐋᐌᐍᐎᐏᐑᐒᐓᐔᐕᐖᐗ ᐘᐙᐚᐜᐝᐞᐟᐠᐡᐢᐣᐤᐥᐦᐧᐨᐩᐪᐫᐬᐭᐮᐯᐰᐱᐲᐳᐴᑀᑁᑂᑃᑄᑅᑆᑇᑈᑉᑊᑋᑌᑍᑎᑏᑐᑑᑒᑓᑔᑕᑖᑗᑘᑙᑚᑛᑜᑝᑞᑟᑠᑡᑢᑣᑤᑥᑦᑧᑨᑩᑪᑫᑬᑭᑮᑯᑰᑱᑲᑳᑴᑵᑶᑷᑸᑹᑺᑻᑼᑽᑾᑿᒀᒁᒂᒃᒄᒅᒆᒇᒈᒉᒊᒋᒌᒍᒎᒏᒐᒔᒕᒖᒗᒘᒙᒚᒛᒜᒝᒞᒟᒠᒡᒢᒤᒥᒦᒧᒨᒩᒪᒫᒬᒭᒮᒯᒰᒱᒲᒳᒴᒵᒶᒷᒸᒹᒺᒻᒼᒽᒾ ᒿᓀᓁᓂᓃᓄᓅᓆᓇᓈᓉᓊᓋᓌᓍᓎᓏ ᓐᓑᓒᓓᓔᓕᓖᓗᓘᓙᓚᓛᓜᓝᓞᓟᓠᓡᓢᓣᓤᓥᓦᓧᓨᓩᓪᓫ ᚜
CANADIAN SYLLABICS ᐜᐝᐞᐟᐠᐡᐢᐣᐤᐥᐦᐧᐨᐩᐪ ᓬᓭᓮᓰᓱᓲᓳᓴᓵᓶᓷᓸᓹᓺᓻᓼᓽᓾᓿᔀ ᔂᔃᔄᔅᔇᔈᔉᔊᔋᔌᔍᔎᔏᔐᔑᔒ ᔗᔘᔙᔚᔛᔜ ᔐᔑᔒ ᔗᔘᔙᔚᔛᔜ ᔓᔔᔕᔖ ᔝᔞᔠᔡᔢᔣ ᔥ ᔦᔧᔨᔩ ᔁᔂᔃᔄ ᔅᔇᔈᔉᔊᔋ ᔌᔍᔎᔏ ᔦᔧᔨᔩᓃᓄᓅᓆᓇᓈᓉᓊᓋᓌᓍᓎᓏ ᐁᐂᐃᐄᐅᐇᐈᐉᐊᐋᐌᐍᐎᐏᐑᐒᐓᐔᐖᐗᐘᐙᐚᐫᐬᐭᐮᐯᐰᐱᑾᑿᒀᒆᒇᒈᒉᒊᒋᒌᒎᒏᒟᒠᒡᒢ ᒣᒤᒥᒦᒧᒨᒩᒪᒫᒬᒭᒮᒯᒰᒱᒲᒳᒴᒵᒶᒷᒸᒹᒺᒻᒼᒽᒾ ᔂᔃᔄᔅᔇᔈᔉᔊᔋᔌᔍᔎᔏᔐᔑᔒᔗᔘᔙᔚᔛᔜᔝᔞᔠᔡᔢ
Emacs: Restore Opened Files, Windows Config
(progn (desktop-save-mode 1) (setq desktop-restore-frames nil) (setq desktop-auto-save-timeout 300) (setq desktop-globals-to-save nil) )
(defcustom desktop-globals-to-save '(desktop-missing-file-warning tags-file-name tags-table-list search-ring regexp-search-ring register-alist file-name-history) "List of global variables saved by `desktop-save'. An element may be variable name (a symbol) or a cons cell of the form \(VAR . MAX-SIZE), which means to truncate VAR's value to at most MAX-SIZE elements (if the value is a list) before saving the value. Feature: Saving `kill-ring' implies saving `kill-ring-yank-pointer'." :type '(repeat (restricted-sexp :match-alternatives (symbolp consp))) :group 'desktop) (defcustom desktop-locals-to-save '(desktop-locals-to-save ; Itself! Think it over. truncate-lines case-fold-search case-replace fill-column overwrite-mode change-log-default-name line-number-mode column-number-mode size-indication-mode buffer-file-coding-system buffer-display-time indent-tabs-mode tab-width indicate-buffer-boundaries indicate-empty-lines show-trailing-whitespace) "List of local variables to save for each buffer. The variables are saved only when they really are local. Conventional minor modes are restored automatically; they should not be listed here." :type '(repeat symbol) :group 'desktop)
- male with female voice, singing.
- 周深 《歡顏》 Zhou Shen “Huan Yan”
- 周深 《达拉崩吧》 Dalabengba
- Diva Dance Song from The Fifth Element
- Castrato Singing
- 《傷心酒店》 (Heartbreak Inn)
- 菊花台 Chrysanthemum Terrace
- Chinese Input Methods
- explain chinese input methods. first, show chinese text, then explain 2 major input systems, shape based or sound based. explain sound based, zhuyin and pinyin. explain their diff.
- show typing chinese, with pinyin
- show writing chinese in gimp.
- talk maybe Pinyin Letter Frequency 拼音字母頻率. discuss pinyin and zhuyin.
- random. Chicago - We Both Reached for the Gun
- censored the gun
- unicode gun
- talk about the relative link problem. explain the whole. show how to manually do one, copy a link with icon from blog page to the index page
- 2021-04-09 write a interactive converter Unicode Full-Width Characters
- fix the wording. implicit convert to object. and remove the spec. JS: Number Object
- JS: ECMAScript 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- JS: Array.prototype.flat
- js interface, iterator, iterable, generator, generator function, whole as a lecture
- golang fix print lines Golang: Find Replace Script
- Golang: Find String (grep)
- golang slice join
- golang. finish script that validate matching brackets «»「」【】《》 etc.
- golang, basic tutorial. find a small programing problem and i'll code it live.
- math algorithmic art. explain what's not math art, and what is. (image search web to show what's not examples) Then, explain algorithmic that codify the subject.
- math explain mandlebrot set. a great wonder of math
- math/comp. show game of life. determism and predictability. show the recursion. new kinda science.
- map folding problem
- Nerd Battlestations
- key switch mechanisms.
- best key switch vs best physicaly layout. both critical.
- best mouse. why flywheel is a must. linux no accelerated scroll. video show spin. Show my video too. Show actual scroll with it with screen.
- demo 10 button mouse, browser back/prev, prev/next tab, close tab, copy, cut, paste. Show screen and mouse at the same time. explain programer's idiocy with not using mouse. And, why you need 10 buttons. Not switching hands from to keyboard mouse constantly. Show a browser copy paste example, hand on mouse only. explain any action involving selecting menu, or aiming mouse pointer, is bad. show 3d modeling page, autocad
- 10 buttons is good. discuss how those 20 buttons mmo mouse button press isn't best, due to those buttons hard to press.
- pen drawing tablet. discovered how great pen computing is. show in gimp. maybe show surface book. show scribbling chinese. draw sine wave.
fn key. dead horse squatting in front yard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQ56wu30Lg&lc=z23wgr0jyraew3w5q04t1aokgk22vmus54gkfogbfsepbk0h00410
create a dedicated page about fn key. Keyboard Menu/App Key
- [a new lisp: BEL By Paul Graham. At http://paulgraham.com/bel.html ]
- Evolution of Laptop Keyboard
- Navy Wants Knobs and Sliders, No Touchscreen
- What is Expressiveness in a Computer Language
- xahlee second life hamster ball
- Indentless Code Formatting Style
- yarnjs syntax coloring problem
- yarn, react, webpack, all have great docs.
- d3js, parceljs, had very bad docs.
- math. geogebra, geometer's sketchpad and new version.
- programing style, idioms.
- other. type in live chat box. goto to http://xahlee.info/talk_show/xah_talk_show_index.html for topics or post any url of any my website.
non tech, pol
language barrier may be the greatest thing. all english speaking countries are futtered by sj. but not china japan russia arabic countries. it's like a ethnic virus but others are immune. we no unstand!
- Sleep, Dream, Inception
- Netiquette Anthropology: Tales of Tech Geekers
- Lambda Logo Tour
- The Unix Pestilence
- show npm upgrade node stuff. show the /user/local/bin, the obsolete unix dir structure. same with man page. in shell, goto those /usr/local/bin, show link.
- how compiler works
- model OOP as functional programing
- lang design. formal languages. complexities of grammar. syntax algebra. why haskell syntax sucks.
- constructed human languages, programing languages, and regularity of syntax.
- HTML Correctness and Validators