Database Tech 2012
A list of newish database technology of 2012. Some has been around for a few years and is used by many large companies.
Here is large scale database related tech:
- [ MongoDB ] [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MongoDB ]. document-oriented NoSQL database system.
- [ Redis ] [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redis ]. networked, in-memory, key-value data store with optional durability.
- [ Memcached ] [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memcached ]. distributed memory caching system. For speed up dynamic database-driven websites by caching data and objects in RAM.
- [ RabbitMQ ] [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RabbitMQ ]. message broker software (i.e., message-oriented middleware) that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) standard. The RabbitMQ server is written in Erlang.
- http://haproxy.1wt.eu/. TCP/HTTP Load Balancer.
- [ Amazon EC2 ] [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_EC2 ]
[ Document-oriented database ] [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document-oriented_database ]
Small scale database:
- [ SQLite ] [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQLite ]
- Tokyo Cabinet: Beyond Key-Value Store By Ilya Grigorik. At http://www.igvita.com/2009/02/13/tokyo-cabinet-beyond-key-value-store/
- [ Dbm ] [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dbm ]
- Source fallabs.com