eXtreme Programing and Agile Voodoo
Agile is for non-coding managers to control coders.
If you don't know coding, you can get coders to watch each other, by Pair Programing!
It throws away any sense of pride, craftmanship, code-ownership. It makes programer as replacable cog-wheels.
If you hear “eXtreme Programing”, it's voodoo. One of its premise is “pair-programing”, meaning, 2 programers get together, then you code while i suck, then i code while you suck.
XP was the rage around 2001, with tens of books written on the subject. But it has subsided, and mutated to perhaps a milder form called Agile Programing. When XP was hot, in the same time is the “design patterns” movement. Then, it bursted into a hoard of “anti-patterns”.
What these voodoo encourage is less brain, less knowledge, less responsibility, less creativity. Instead, it emphasize collaboration, good attitude, follow the template, kiss the management.
In particular, it's loved by managers who can't write code.
One characteristics of these voodoo is lots jargons and use of fancy diagrams.
Does it not look like a get rich fast scheme?
What “methodology” should you use? Understand mathematics, be knowledgeable, be healthy, and good general education such as history, philosophy, literature, and, be a nice person.
for other opinions on eXtreme Programing, Agile, see:
- Erik Meijer on Xtreme Programing and Agile
- [• Programming Motherfucker By Zed Shaw. At http://programming-motherfucker.com/ , Accessed on 2014-04-22 ]
- [• Extreme Programming Explained By Yossi Kreinin. At http://www.yosefk.com/blog/extreme-programming-explained.html , Accessed on 2010-08-12 ]
- [• Software Development: It's a Religion By Jeff Atwood. At http://blog.codinghorror.com/software-development-its-a-religion/ , Accessed on 2014-04-22 ]
- [• Good Agile, Bad Agile By Steve Yegge. At http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2006/09/good-agile-bad-agile_27.html , Accessed on 2014-04-22 ]
- [• Stand up against the stand-up By Jon Evans. At https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/06/stand-up-against-the-stand-up/ , Accessed on 2016-08-07 ]
- [• Why do some developers at strong companies like Google consider Agile development to be nonsense? By Michael O Church. At http://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-developers-at-strong-companies-like-Google-consider-Agile-development-to-be-nonsense/answer/Michael-O-Church , Accessed on 2015-05-05 ]
- [• Why “Agile” and especially Scrum are terrible By Michael O Church. At https://michaelochurch.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/why-agile-and-especially-scrum-are-terrible/ , Accessed on 2016-06-03 ]