Mac: Mouse Too Slow?
The mouse on Mac OS X is often too slow, even if you have used the Preference pane to set the tracking speed to the fastest. You can fix this. Start Terminal.app, then type:
defaults read -g com.apple.mouse.scaling
The above will show your current scaling value. To make it faster, do:
defaults write -g com.apple.mouse.scaling 5
You need to re-login for this to take effect.
Or, better is actually to get a gaming mouse, which has very high DPI, or get a trackball.
- Why Swap Mouse Right Button and Middle Button
- Windows: Swap Mouse Right-Click Middle-Click
- Windows: Single-click Open File
- Windows: Mouse Hover to Activate Window
- Mac: Hover Mouse Auto Click
- Mac: Mouse Too Slow?
- Linux: Mouse Hover to Raise Window
- Linux: Mouse Hover-Click
- Linux: Mouse Single-Click to Open File
- Linux: Swap Mouse Buttons
- Linux: Accelerated Scroll and AutoScroll
- Firefox: Mouse Wheel Scroll Speed
- Linux: Mouse Speed
- Mouse Reviews