Web Design: Grey Text on White Background
Starting around 2010, more and more websites use grey text on white background, making it hard to read.
Orange on Gray!
Greyer and Greyer!
Solarized Color Theme ?= Science
There's a website called Solarize, that focuses on desigining the most readable color theme, supposedly based on science of color contrast. Witness:
Do you find the text easy to read?
Things get worse:
The Solarized color themes are low contrast, and supposedly works better when your computer display is under sunlight. Maybe so, but it looks terrible indoors.
see also: [contrast rebellion By Zoltán Gócza, Richard Gazdik. At http://contrastrebellion.com/ , accessed on 2013-01-22 ]
see also: How to Calibrate Your Monitor's Color.
- Typography Sucks
- Font Size problem
- Serif or Sans-Serif?
- Grey Text on White Background
- Dark Theme Web Design
- Peepshow Windows
- GUI vs Command Line: a Unified Design
- Skeleton Screen
- Fixed-Layout vs Flowed-Layout
- Should Hyperlinks Have Underline?
- Survey of Tab Style 2006
- Problem of Header Linking to Table of Contents
- Understand Atomic CSS in 1 Minute
- CSS: What's a CSS Pixel? What's Reference Pixel?
- Web Design, Minimal Window Width
- User Interface Design: Internet Explorer 9's Dysfunctional Colorful Tabs
- Phone and Tablet Screen Density Comparison
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.