Why Not https?
Why is Your Site Not https?
lunarus said it best (on xah discord, 2022-06-04):
HTTPS and more specifically Let’s Encrypt is a power play to control the internet and prevent counter-culture from forming. By browsers using scare tactics for enforcing https it puts the control of the internet into a handful of CAs making you vulnerable to cancelling.
Enabling cancel culture starts with the “undesirables” of the day and ends with authoritarian regime that oppresses everyone that isn’t in line with the elite
There are sundry reasons. None is significant by itself, but all together, it's something unwholesome.
- The Google empire and mainstream gang are forcing it with scare tactics, controlling websites. If google is really good about security or user privacy, it would allow self sign for encrypted traffic.
- Adding https, is not that trivial. This prevents average programers voicing opinion on their own blog and domain.
- Often, sites with https have misc problems. Such as cert expired, or mixed http and https that stir up scary warning by browsers.
Turn browser auto https off.
Google Do Evil
- Google Do Evil
- Google Paid Search Result
- Google Screws Firefox
- Google Screws Microsoft Browser
- Google AMP Scam
- Google Forced Login
- Why Not https?
- Google Email Privacy
- Google Propaganda via Free Font
- Google YouTube Hide Dislikes
- Google Greed, YouTube Related Video
- Google Gmail Blocks Mozilla Thunderbird
- Are Googlers the Minions of Google Marketing?
- Google's Deceptive Ad: Google Puts Ad in Email Under Promotion Tab