Math Notation, Programing Language Syntax, and Thought
this, collection of articles about notation and thought, is excellent!
the vengeance of my thesis!
here's relevant articles. Actually, most of my 100+ computer lang articles of the past decade, is around this subject matter.
The quality of a programing language, can be judged by how much of it can be explained by its syntax alone.
- What Are Good Qualities of Computer Language Syntax?
- On Constructed Languages, Computer Languages, and Their Grammar Complexity
- Formal Definition of Systematic Grammar
- Sugar Syntax: Compiler Level vs User Level
- What Does it Mean When a Programing Language Claims “Whitespace is Insignificant”?
- Language Syntax: Brackets vs Begin/End
- Why Python Lambda is Broken
- Python Syntax Problem: Comment and Backslash
- LISP Syntax Problem of Piping Functions
- AutoHotkey Syntax Problems
- The TeX Pestilence: Why TeX/LaTeX Sucks
- Concepts and Confusions of Prefix, Infix, Postfix and Lisp Notations