Syntax is the most important aspect of a programing language
The quality of a programing language, can be judged by how much of it can be explained by its syntax alone.
Unix Pipe, Dot Notation, Postfix Notation
- What Are Good Qualities of Computer Language Syntax?
- Syntax Design Problem: Irregularity vs Convenience
- Sugar Syntax: Compiler Level vs User Level
- What is Function, What's Operator?
- Logical Operators, Truth Table, Unicode
- Unicode in Function Name and Operator
- What is the Definition of Operator in Computer Language?
- Necessity of Operator Overload in Computer Languages
- Java Array Syntax Soup: Syntactic Irregularity and Ad Hoc Logic
- Why List Comprehension is Bad
- Write All If Statement as If Expression
- Hack of Bitmask as Boolean Parameters
- camelCase vs snake_case
- Problems of Symbol Congestion in Computer Languages; ASCII Jam vs Unicode
- What is Point-free Programing? (point-free function syntax)
- Computer Language Design: String Syntax
- Here-String and Newline Convention Complexity
- Syntax, Formal Language, Pattern Matching
- What Does it Mean When a Programing Language Claims “Whitespace is Insignificant”?
- The Naming of List Things in Computer Languages
- Computer Language: Predicate Function, Terminology, and Naming Convention
- Variable Naming: English Words Considered Harmful
- Sigil for Variable Names
- Math Notation, Programing Language Syntax, and Thought
- On Meta Syntax, Formal Language, and Logic
- The TeX Pestilence: Why TeX/LaTeX Sucks
- The Problems of Traditional Math Notation
- A Notation for Plane Geometry
- What is Expressiveness in a Computer Language
- Unix/Linux Shell Shebang: Who Gets to Use the First Char?