Linux, KDE: wow, Konqueror Sucks Major A.
wow, Konqueror sucks major A.
- when you set home page, it doesn't take effect until restart.
- doesn't support inline SVG. For example, Browser Inline SVG Image Height Weight Scale vs Crop. Every major browser does, even IE.
- doesn't support HTML5 “figure” tag. [see HTML: figure tag]
- doesn't render space before
corner bracketadded using CSS “:before” pseudo-elements.
- render things extremely badly.
- doesn't support many standard keys. For example, middle click on tab doesn't close it. 【Ctrl+Page Down】 doesn't switch to next tab. 【Ctrl+Shift+t】 doesn't open last closed tab. 【Alt+d】 doesn't put cursor on URL field. Weird keys of its own, unexpected things happen when you press some key. This usability problem is shared with Opera. [see Opera Browser Pains]
- doesn't support the extra “back” button on mouse by default. (Linux Firefox does, so does Google Chrome.)
- doesn't support the ⌫ Backspace key for “back”.
- typing into url field to search doesn't work, also, returns one ugly geek error telling you about “Improperly Formatted URL” with the helpful proper syntax
protocol://user:firstname.lastname@example.org:port/folder/filename.extension?…. OK, fine, i'll type in the search box then, but there's no search box in sight.
- one gian bloatware. Tries to be folder viewer too.
I'm running Konqueror 4.8.5 on xfce. Is these the norm or because am not properly running it on KDE?
Ask me question on patreon