Konqueror Browser Sucks
wow, Konqueror sucks major A.
- when you set home page, it doesn't take effect until restart.
- doesn't support inline SVG. For example, Browser Inline SVG Image Height Weight Scale vs Crop. Every major browser does, even IE.
- doesn't support HTML5 “figure” tag. [see HTML: Figure Tag]
- doesn't render space before
corner bracketadded using CSS “:before” pseudo-elements.
- render things extremely badly.
- doesn't support many standard keys. For example, middle click on tab doesn't close it. Ctrl+PageDown doesn't switch to next tab. Ctrl+Shift+t doesn't open last closed tab. Alt+d doesn't put cursor on URL field. Weird keys of its own, unexpected things happen when you press some key. This usability problem is shared with Opera. [see Why Opera Browser Sucks]
- doesn't support the extra “back” button on mouse by default. (Linux Firefox does, so does Google Chrome.)
- doesn't support the Backspace ⌫ key for “back”.
- typing into url field to search doesn't work, also, returns one ugly geek error telling you about “Improperly Formatted URL” with the helpful proper syntax
protocol://user:email@example.com:port/folder/filename.extension?…. OK, fine, i'll type in the search box then, but there's no search box in sight.
- one gian bloatware. Tries to be folder viewer too.
I'm running Konqueror 4.8.5 on xfce. Is these the norm or because am not properly running it on KDE?