USB3 Drive Speed
I tested my USB 2 flash drive speed.
Over at Jeff Atwood's blog 〔 A SSD in Your Pocket By Jeff Atwood. At http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2012/11/a-ssd-in-your-pocket.html〕, he recommended this USB 3.0 flash storage device:
The practical speed he got is: “237 MB/s reads; 143 MB/s writes”. That's 9 times faster for read, and 17 times faster for write!
USB 3.0 is in current versions of MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iMac, except Mac Pro (which is that big tower.)
For Microsoft Windows PC, cheap ones don't have USB 3.0. Those with Window 8 might. For example, 〔〈Dell Inspiron i660-3036BK Desktop〉 @ Buy at amazon〕
The Zenbook Prime does have USB 3.0 ports. 〔►see Laptops 2012 Comparison: ASUS Zenbook Prime vs Apple MacBook Pro〕
- Technology: Solid-State Drive Comes of Age! (SSD vs HDD)
- How to Use Windows Search; Stop Indexing USB Drives; Rebuilding Index
- Windows: is Your USB Drive Fast Enough for ReadyBoost?
- How Fast Does Internet Speed Grow?
- Technology for Knowledge in Past 2 Decades
- Computer Tech Progress and Video On Demand
- How to Secure Delete Files, Shred Files, Wipe Drive