Node.js Dot Notation as Namespace Mechanism
In node.js, when you have a dot notation like
is used purely as a namespace,
not as “data”.
const p = require('path'); const x = p.extname('xyz.html') console.log ( x ); // .html
This is true for about all node.js objects.
" x ".trim()
Unix Pipe, Dot Notation, Postfix Notation
- Object Oriented Programing (OOP) Jargons and Complexities
- Meaning of Object in Computer Languages
- What is the Difference Between Tag, Element, Node, Object, Attribute, Property, Method?
- Node.js Video Tutorial by Ryan Dahl
- Node.js Creator Ryan Dahl on Software Complexity
- Ryan Dahl, on History of Node.js 📺