八雲 紫（やくも ゆかり） Yukari Yakumo, divination, trigram, hexagram, bagua, iching, book of change 2019-12-17
- join 〈xahlee discord〉 [ https://discord.gg/QYFcqNT ] interesting people, varied opinions, nerd heaven.
- Portable Monitor Xah keyboard Blog
- palmistry, astrology, geomancy, necromancy, hydromancy, aeromancy, pyromancy, chiromancy (palmistry), spatulamancy (scapulimancy) numerology
- Astrology Symbols 🌛
- Pagoda, Taipei 101, Feng shui
- ䷬ (codepoint 19948, #o46754, #x4dec) name: HEXAGRAM FOR GATHERING TOGETHER
- go thru the hexagram names
- Unicode Cultural Religious Symbols ☭
- 易經 I Ching (The Book of Change)
- The Grandmaster 《一代宗師》, Opera Scene
- Gottfried Leibniz quote on hexagram
The outfit Yukari wears in post-Perfect Cherry Blossom games has two groups of solid/broken lines called trigrams on the front. A solid line represents Yang and a broken line is Yin. The top trigram ☱ is “dui” or “tui” (open) and is associated with west and water. The bottom trigram ☷ is “kūn” (field) and is associated with southwest and earth, as well as Yoni (divine passage). The two trigrams together in that order form the hexagram for “clustering,” “gathering together,” and “finished”, which sounds more fitting for Suika Ibuki.
The hexagram “Ts'ui” formed by the combination of “tui” and “kun” results in a meaning of gathering together to persevere towards a destination. This hexagram signifies also great wisdom which is necessary for leadership when directing an assembly together to create overall prosperity for everyone. Yukari herself can be seen as an overseer of Gensokyo. Her ability to create boundaries would definitely give her the ability to bring everyone together while maintaining the harmony of the “created” world. Maybe this design was a critique on her abilities?
易經 Book of Changes and 太玄經 Canon of Supreme Mystery
- ☲+☶ = ䷷ 旅 sojourning
- ☱+☷ = ䷬ 萃 cluster