Why I Love Golang
- it is a widely used. For each of haskell, lisp, job, there are one thousand golang jobs.
- it support practical functional programing well. (function can return function or take function as args.)
- it is fast. comparable to C, C++.
- golang doc is the best. Clear, concise, well organized, easy to find stuff. (far better than python, haskell, docs.)
- it can be run as high-level lang like python, ruby (with auto memory management). Write code and run it without compiling step.
- golang is also compiled like C, C++ . You can send compiled blob to friends, and it runs in Mac, Microsoft Windows, linux, without installing golang.
- golang is also a low-level system lang like C, C++, by design. You can use it to do network programing, drivers, servers.
- It support concurrent programing well, by a simple, easy-to-understand model of goroutine.
See also: Golang Tutorial
Programing Language Design
- What's Ontology of Programing Language?
- A Class of Computer Languages: Math Languages
- Why I Hate Exceptions
- Iterator, Enumerator, Abstraction Went Wrong
- Language Design: Should Array Index Start at 0 or 1?
- Syntactic Semantic Difference of Map
- Should Map f Specify Order?
- Function Dependency
- Why I Hate C
- Why I Love Golang
- Why I Love Powershell
- The Complexity of Java Access Specifiers
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.