JS: Encode URL, Escape String
decodeURI → Changes illegal URL characters to percent encoded form.
For example, character such as ^ [ ] and Unicode character such as em-dash.
[see JS: encodeURI]
decodeURIComponent → Useful to embed a URL in a URL.
encodeURI but changes more chars, including slash and colon in
[see JS: encodeURIComponent]
unescape → deprecated. Changes some characters to a percent encoded form of the char's Unicode codepoint.
[see JS: escape]
Note: these functions are properties of global object.
[see JS: the Global Object]
- JS: String Overview
- JS: Template String
- JS: String Object
- JS: String.prototype
- JS: String Code Unit vs Code Point
- JS: String Escape Sequence
- JS: Unicode Escape Sequence
- JS: Source Code Encoding
- JS: Allowed Characters in Identifier
- JS: Convert String to Number
- JS: Encode URL, Escape String
- JS: Format Number
- JS: JSON
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.