Windows: Keyboard Software Guide ⌨
This page covers everything you need to know for remapping keys, creating keyboard shortcuts, key macros, or keyboard layout.
Let's start with the simplest solution.
Most important thing about keyboarding is actually a good keyboard hardware.
Gaming keyboard offers you unparalleled programmability. With gaming keyboard, you can easily config your keys, and they will be set in the keyboard firmware. You can plug-in the keyboard in any computer and still have your settings.
I recommend this:
AutoHotkey is a powerful scripting engine that also lets you assign keys to any script or run any app, or insert some text, or act as pressing other keys. This is the most versatile.
The disadvantage is that you'll take significant time to learn how to use it. Few hours to begin with.
To get started, see:
The following i have not used, but heard good things about them.
Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator
Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator By Microsoft. @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb964665.aspx
X-Mouse Button Control
X-Mouse Button Control By Phillip Gibbons. @ http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm
- AutoHotkey Tutorial ⌨
- Useful AutoHotkey Scripts
- Microsoft IntelliType Review
- Microsoft IntelliType Hacks
- Microsoft Keyboard: How to Disable the F Lock Key
- Windows Logo Key Keyboard Shortcuts
- Microsoft Windows Keyboard Shortcuts
- Windows: Disable Caps Lock, Disable Windows Key, Key to Launch App …
- Windows Console Key Shortcuts