Programable Keyboards with Onboard Memory
Here's list of programable keyboards with onboard memory.
Why programable? here's advantages:
- 100% Reliable. Does not rely on OS remap, which doesn't work all the time.
- Program once, plug in to any machine/OS. (e.g. bring to work, home, travel.)
- Driverless programable ones lets program on the fly, without starting a remap software.
Here's examples where OS remapped keys does not work, but programable keyboard key works:
- In linux, the boot screen or single user mode, your X11 dependent remap won't work.
- On Windows, AutoHotkey does not work when the app need privilege, such as when you run regedit.
- On Windows, many games ignore OS level key remaps.
- On Windows, you cannot remap some ❖ Window key combination.
- On Mac, the OS remaps your numpad keys.
- Some game prevent any key remap software when detected.
Note: many gaming keyboards, in particular those by Razer and Corsair, require you to have internet connection (they call it cloud) for your customized keys to work. Often, the keyboard won't even work as a basic keyboard when used with Linux.
Vortex 75% Keyboard
KBC Poker 3
Hard to Buy
The following are not readily available.
Key Switch Topic
- Computer Keyboard Design Flaws
- Guide to Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms
- Mechanical Keyboard Noise Comparison
- What's NKRO, N-key Rollover?
- Blank Keycaps vs Labeled Keys
- Keyboard Keycaps: ABS, PBT
- Keyboard Key Label Tech
- List of Keyboards with Topre Switch
- XMIT Hall Effect Switch Keyboard
- Kailh Switch Keyboards
- Mechanical Keyboard and Repetitive Strain Injury
- List of Dvorak Keyboards
- Programable Keyboards with Onboard Memory
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.