Programable Keyboards with Onboard Memory
Here's list of programable keyboards with onboard memory. Meaning, once you programed the keys, you can plug in the keyboard to any other computer, running linux or Mac or Microsoft Windows, and your keys will work. No need internet connection, no need to program the key again.
Note: many gaming keyboards, in particular those by Razer and Corsair, require you to have internet connection (aka cloud) for your customized keys to work. Often, the keyboard won't even work as a basic keyboard when used with Linux.
Hard to Buy
The following are not readily available.
Key Switch Topic
- Computer Keyboard Design Flaws
- Guide to Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms
- Mechanical Keyboard Noise Comparison
- What's NKRO, N-key Rollover?
- Blank Keycaps vs Labeled Keys
- Keyboard Keycaps: ABS, PBT
- Keyboard Key Label Printing Technologies
- List of Keyboards with Mechanical Switch
- List of Keyboards with Topre Switch
- Hall Effect Switch Keyboard
- Mechanical Keyboard: Kailh Switch
- Does Mechanical Keyboard Reduce Risk of Repetitive Strain Injury?
- List of Hardware Dvorak Layout Keyboards
- Programable Keyboards with Onboard Memory