Programable Keyboards with Onboard Memory
Here's list of programable keyboards with onboard memory.
Why programable? here's advantages:
- 100% Reliable. Does not rely on OS remap, which doesn't work all the time.
- Program once, plug in to any machine/OS. (example: bring to work, home, travel.)
- Driverless programable ones lets you program the key by just pressing keys, without downloading or launching software.
Here's examples where OS remapped keys does not work, but programable keyboard key works:
- In linux, the boot screen or single user mode, your X11 dependent remap won't work.
- On Windows, AutoHotkey does not work when the app need privilege, such as when you run regedit.
- On Windows, many games ignore OS level key remaps to prevent cheating.
- On Windows, you cannot remap some ❖ Window key combination.
- On Mac, the OS remaps your numpad keys.
Note: many gaming keyboards, in particular those by Razer and Corsair, require you to have internet connection (they call it cloud) for your customized keys to work. Often, the keyboard won't even work as a basic keyboard when used with Linux.
1 Piece Flat
Some select ones.
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.