Bring your head closer to the screen (10cm will do), your eyes open, and think about what you would to if you have one million dollars. (do not actually try to focus on the image) Keep doing this for about 20 seconds, a stereo image will appear.
Auto-stereogram are fantastic. Unlike other make-do stereo images, auto-stereogram is alive. I'm wondering if there are systimatic studies made of auto-stereogram. That is, detailing of its limitations, on deapth thickness, viewing angle, animation, and possibilities of color, etc.
Even if it is just confined to gray-scale images of relatively flat surfaces, i kinda feel there's much unexplored utilities.
Math and Illustrations
- Algorithmic Mathematical Art
- Art of M C Escher
- Escher Chameleon Polyhedron
- What is Technical Drawing, Descriptive Geometry, Projective Geometry, Linear Algebra
- Outline Rendering of 3D Models
- Visual Illusions
- Projective Illusion
- What Is Perspective Drawing
- Illustrating Geometry with POV-Ray