Windows Firewall Error code 0x80070424; How to Fix
In Windows 7, when i go to the Control Panel and click on Windows Firewall, i got this error:
Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x80070424
here's how to fix:
- Error Code 0x80070424 with Windows Firewall and “Base Filtering Engine Service” Not available in services database list. By Danma_. At
Download the following registry files:
There are 2 of them in the zip file:
Open them to import to your registry.
regedit. (press ❖ Window+r and type
- Right click on it, choose [permissions].
- Click on [ADD] and type
Everyoneand click OK.
- Now Click on [Everyone], below, select full control and click OK.
services.msc. (press ❖ Window+r and type
- Start “Base Filtering Engine” service. (right click on it and chose menu [Start])
- Start “Windows Firewall” service. (right click on it and chose menu [Start])
For how i got/noticed this error, see: Microsoft Windows Update Fail KB2691905 .