Windows Firewall Error code 0x80070424; How to Fix
In Windows 7, when i go to the Control Panel and click on Windows Firewall, i got this error:
Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x80070424
here's how to fix:
- Error Code 0x80070424 with Windows Firewall and “Base Filtering Engine Service” Not available in services database list. By Danma_. At http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/archive/2011/12/27/error-code-0x80070424-with-windows-firewall-and-quot-base-filtering-engine-service-quot-not-available-in-services-database-list.aspx
Download the following registry files:
There are 2 of them in the zip file:
Open them to import to your registry.
regedit. (press 【❖ Window+r】 and type
- Right click on it, choose 〖permissions〗.
- Click on 〖ADD〗 and type
Everyoneand click OK.
- Now Click on 〖Everyone〗, below, select full control and click OK.
services.msc. (press 【❖ Window+r】 and type
- Start “Base Filtering Engine” service. (right click on it and chose 〖Start〗)
- Start “Windows Firewall” service. (right click on it and chose 〖Start〗)
For how i got/noticed this error, see: Microsoft Windows Update Fail KB2691905.
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.