Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
Here's the list of most useful macOS keyboard shortcuts.
new open close save print
- new ⌘ command+n
- open ⌘ command+o
- close ⌘ command+w
- save ⌘ command+s
- print ⌘ command+p
copy cut paste undo redo
- cut ⌘ command+x
- copy ⌘ command+c
- paste ⌘ command+v
- undo ⌘ command+z
- redo ⌘ command+Shift+z
Safari Browser Keys
- back ⌘ command+[
- forward ⌘ command+]
- next tab Ctrl+Tab
- previous tab Ctrl+Shift+Tab
- reload ⌘ command+r
- zoom in ⌘ command++
- zoom out ⌘ command+-
- open last closed ⌘ command+Shift+t
- empty cache ⌘ command+⌥ option+e
- fullscreen Ctrl+⌘ command+f
- ⌥ option+← → move cursor left by a word
- ⌥ option+→ → move cursor right by a word
- ⌥ option+↑ → move cursor to beginning of line
- ⌥ option+↓ → move cursor to end of line
fullscreen Ctrl+⌘ command+f
Show hidden file in finder ⌘ command+⌥ option+.
goto Finder. Select photos, ⌥ option+⌘ command+y
Screenshot and save to file in Desktop folder:
- Screenshot whole screen → Press ⌘ command+Shift+3
- Screenshot current window → Press ⌘ command+Shift+4, then press Space
Screenshot and save to clipboard:
- Screenshot whole screen → Press Ctrl+⌘ command+Shift+3
- Screenshot current window → Press Ctrl+⌘ command+Shift+4, then press Space
Or, you can run the following in terminal:
screencapture -T 9 -P
- Fullscreen. Delay 9 seconds. Open in Preview.
screencapture -T 9 tt.png
- Fullscreen. Delay 9 seconds. Save file as tt.png.
Save screenshot without shadow, type this in terminal
defaults write com.apple.screencapture disable-shadow -bool true
Save screenshot in jpg format:
defaults write com.apple.screencapture type jpg
Copy File Path in Finder
There are many ways.
- Click the file, then ⌘ command+⌥ option+c
- Drag the file to terminal.
- Right click on the file, then hold ⌥ option key.
- ⌥ option+⌘ command+p to show path bar. It is shown at bottom of window, Then, right click on the file in the path bar.
back to Keyboard Shortcut/Layout Tutorial
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.