Mac: Hover to Switch Window
Mac has a auto-click feature: when the pointer stops moving, it automatically does a click.
This saves you lots clicks.
And is also extremely useful as a way to switch windows.
If you have Repetitive Strain Injury, turn this on.
- Go to the menu 〖Apple ▸ System Preferences…〗
- click Accessibility
- click Dwell Control.
I recommend setting the “Dewell movement tolerance” to 0. When it's not 0, small pointer movement will be ignored.
You can experiment by setting it to 0 or 50. You'll see the difference.
The auto-click feature is especially great when using a trackball or trackpad.
Mac Keyboard/Mouse Topic
- Mac: Key Remapping and Keybinding Tools
- Mac: Swap Control, Caps Lock, Option, Command Keys
- Mac: How to Change Keybinding
- Mac Keyboard Viewer and Unicode
- Mac: How to Switch to Dvorak Keyboard Layout
- Mac: Hover to Switch Window
- Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
- Apple Keyboards ⌨
- Difference Between Apple and PC keyboards