Mad Catz RAT 5 Gaming Mouse
|RAT 3 amazon||no||no||no||3.2k DPI (optical)||no||no||no|
|RAT 5 amazon||yes||no||Adjustable length||4k DPI||yes||yes||no|
|RAT 7 amazon||yes||no||Fully Adjustable||5.6 DPI||yes||yes||no|
|RAT 9 amazon||yes||yes||Fully Adjustable||5.6 DPI||yes||yes||yes|
Is RAT Series Mouse Really Good?
The RAT is a nice-looking mouse, but as for real functionality, it's lack luster.
- The mouse is biggish. Even though fully adjustable, but still big.
- The buttons are only a few, much less than other gaming mouses, and not designed for comfort.
- Many users report that the laser went dead after a few month.
- Many users report the software is lousy.
- Silly weights that adds $$$.
I would recommend the following instead:
Mad Catz MOUS 9 Wireless Mouse
This is their new one. Beautiful.
- Wireless USB.
- Bluetooth Smart.
- 1 AA battery.
- Adjustable palm length.
- Claimed 1 year battery life.
- Supports Windows or Mac
Not very good reviews on amazon. The DPI cannot be adjusted. The Bluetooth doesn't seems to work on the Mac.
back to Mouse Reviews