PC Keyboard Reviews ⌨
These reviews are design analysis with respect to pure function and efficiency (less focus on fashion), and a meta summary of reading hundreds of user's comments from amazon and other keyboard forums.
However, non-ergo PC keyboards are pretty much all the same. As long as you have mechanical keys, which type of switch mechanism does not matter that much. The keycap quality and other issues, are not critical.
Of these flat keyboards (which i don't actually use since 2006) [see How to Avoid Emacs Pinky], the qualities that gets high rating for me are:
- Full sized function keys F1 to F12. (Extra macro keys is a plus.) [see Why Function Keys Are Useful]
- Mechanical keys [see Guide to Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms]
- Programable. e.g. set capslock to switch to last window.
- Onboard memory. (so, plug in to any computer, you have your macro/remap/customization. No need to install software.)
- Driverless programable. (just press keys to remap keys or record macro. No need to install software.) [see Keyboard Firmware]
- Key lable don't wear off. [see Keyboard Key Label Tech]
- Short spacebar. So more thumb keys. [see Tiny Space Bar on Japanese Keyboards]
- Spacebar do not make a loud thud noise.
- Has physical media keys. Volume wheel is a major plus. [see Keyboards with Volume Wheel]
- No Fn key. Because it's usually hardwired, meaning, you can't remap it, meaning, a dead horse squatting in front yard.
Other issues, such as whether it has numpad, how compact it is, how light weight or heavy it is, wired or wireless, what color LED light show it does, what mechanical switch it uses, is up to you.
For ergo/split ones, see Ergonomic Keyboard Reviews
Logitech G613, wireless
CM MasterKeys PBT
CM MasterKeys Pro
Vortex Race 3
Happy Hacking Vortex KBC Poker 3
Matias Mini Tactile Pro
Corsair Never Buy Razer
Microsoft Universal Foldable
- Logitech Gaming Keyboards
- CM Storm NovaTouch keyboard
- Keyboards Without Numeric Keypad, Under $30
- KBC Poker Keyboard, Ducky Keyboard
- Logitech G610 Keyboard
- CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i keyboard
- Cherry G84 4100 Keyboard
- Razer BlackWidow Keyboard
- Apple Keyboards ⌨
- Microsoft Keyboards
- Logitech Keyboards
- Logitech Wave Keyboard
- Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.