Keyboard Layout Design ⌨
There are 2 aspects of keyboard layout:
- letter keys layout. (for example, QWERTY, Dvorak.)
- keyboard shortcuts layout. (for example, copy, cut, paste, Photoshop keys, vim, emacs.)
We study the efficiency of these aspects. (there's also physical keys layout. That is, the physical shape and size of the keyboard hardware. For that, see Keyboard Reviews ⌨.)
List of Layouts
- Dvorak Layout
- What's the Most Efficient Keyboard Layout?
- Dvorak vs Colemak
- Myth of QWERTY vs Dvorak
- Maltron vs Dvorak
- Dvorak vs Colemak vs Workman
- Hardware vs Software Dvorak
- International Keyboard Layouts
- QWERTZ, AZERTY
Letters Layout Efficiency
Char Frequency Counter
- comp lang char Frequency
- Most Efficient Layout for Numbers?
- Semicolon vs Apostrophe Frequency
- Inverted Number Row Better?
- French Letter Frequency
- Pinyin Letter Frequency
Keybinding Layout, Input Systems
- Emacs vs vi: How to Compute Keybinding's Efficiency?
- Arrow Keys Efficiency: vim HJKL vs IJKL
- Design of vim Mode Activation Key
History of emacs/vi Keys
Ban Key Combos
- Ban Shift Key
- Function Key vs Key Chord
- How Many Shortcuts Are There
- Fast-repeat vs Non-fast-repeat Keys
Design Math Symbols Input System
Dedicated keys, Special Buttons, Extra Keys
- Chinese Input Methods
- Keyboard Hardware Dvorak vs Software Dvorak
- List of Hardware Dvorak Layout Keyboards
- Blank Keycaps vs Labeled Keys
- Linux Mac Windows, Which is Best for Keybinding?