Epomaker Niz Plum
Niz Plum keyboards feature Electro-Capacitive switches. They are made by Chinese company Epomaker. [see Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms]
Niz Plum 84
- Bluetooth wireless or Usb-C wired. Can switch connection to 3 computers.
- USB-C connector for wired.
- Programable, with onboard memory.
- Electro-Capacitive switch, with rubber dome.
- 35g switch resistance. Super light. (light is great for heavy writers.). Normal topre is 45g or 50g.
- Comes with 10g springs, 50 of them. So you can make the key heavier.
- Key feels linear.
- Silencer ring builtin. Key truly is quieter.
- Very thick PBT keycaps [see Keycaps Tech: ABS, PBT]
- Cherry MX compatible keyswitch stems. So, you can replace keycaps easily.
Epomaker make a lot Niz Plum models with different layouts, different key count, and some are wireless some not. They also have many models that's using Cherry MX switch. Very confusing. Just goto their site and chose carefully there: Epomaker
Niz Plum Switch
Niz Plum switch's electronic switch mechanism is by capacitance. This means, there is no contact between electric conductors for the switch to turn on. The key does not need to hit bottom to activate.
The switch's feel came from its rubber dome, not the spring. Niz Plum switch is inspired by the Topre Switch used in Happy Hacking Keyboard. However, Niz Plum has a linear feel.
Niz Plum has a stem that is compatible with Cherry MX. So that you can buy replacement keycaps or artistic keycaps easily. [see Cute Keycaps]