Logitech invented Romer-G switch in 2015.
As of 2018-09, there are 2 variants.
- Romer-G Tactile. (this is the original Romer-g. Year 2015.)
- Romer-G Linear. New, in 2018.
- Romer-G switch has hollow stem. This allows LED to be placed in center. So that key light can shine brighter thru the keycap's translucent label, and without light leaking at bottom.
- Romer-g switch is noticeably more quiet than Cherry MX brown switches. Similar to the Cherry MX silent red.
- Romer-g switch is supposed to last even longer than Cherry MX switches.
|Switch||Feedback Type||Actuation Distance||Total Travel||Average Force||Tactile Force|
|Romer-G Tactile||Bump||1.5 mm||3.2 mm||45 gf||50 gf|
|Romer-G Linear||Smooth||1.5 mm||3.2 mm||45 gf||n/a|
|■ GX Blue||Audible Click||2.0 mm||4.0 mm||50 gf||60 gf|
|■ GX Brown||Bump||1.9 mm||4.0 mm||50 gf||60 gf|
|■ GX Red||Smooth||1.9 mm||4.0 mm||50 gf||n/a|
Romer-G video review
Romer-G Switch Robotics Factory
Keyboards Using Romer-G
Romer-G key switch is used by Logitech, e.g.