Logitech invented Romer-G switch in 2015.
As of 2018-09, there are 2 variants.
- Romer-G Tactile. (this is the original Romer-g. Year 2015.)
- Romer-G Linear. New, in 2018.
- Romer-G switch has hollow stem. This allows LED to be placed in center. So that key light can shine brighter thru the keycap's translucent label, and without light leaking at bottom.
- Romer-g switch is noticeably more quiet than Cherry MX brown switches. Similar to the Cherry MX silent red.
- Romer-g switch is supposed to last even longer than Cherry MX switches.
|Switch||Romer-G Tactile||Romer-G Linear||GX Blue||GX Brown||GX Red|
|Feedback Type||Bump||Smooth||Audible Click||Bump||Smooth|
|Actuation Distance||1.5 mm||1.5 mm||2.0 mm||1.9 mm||1.9 mm|
|Total Travel||3.2 mm||3.2 mm||4.0 mm||4.0 mm||4.0 mm|
|Average Force||45 gf||45 gf||50 gf||50 gf||50 gf|
|Tactile Force||50 gf||n/a||60 gf||60 gf||n/a|
Romer-G video review
Romer-G Switch Robotics Factory
Keyboards Using Romer-G
Romer-G key switch is used by Logitech, e.g.