Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Keyboard
Logitech has a new keyboard, Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum. This came out in .
This is like their fancy Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard, without the gaudy look.
- Romer-G Mechanical Key Switches. (it's quiet. I like it better than Cherry MX)
- Mulimedia key buttons.
- Wheel for sound level control. (very nice!)
- Customizable RGB Lighting, if you prefer this sort of thing.
- Excellent Logitech software as usual, which allows you to program the Function Keys.
- Plug-and-Play. No need “driver” software.
Lots of detailed reviews on amazon. Buy at amazon. Most are very positive.
No On-Board Memory
The customization of colors requires the logitech software to run. Otherwise, it's default rainbow-wash.
This is a major flaw. For keyboard of this price, it should have on-board memory.
No on-board memory is a major blow.
And no extra function keys.
Together, it means, this keyboard is just a normal keyboard, plus a good key switch and color show. This keyboard does not provide any real functionality. Functionality is what gaming keyboard should be about.
The price difference of this and the garish Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard is only about $10.
I'd rather go with the G910, even though it's garish.
For normal shaped keyboards (non-ergonomic), Logitech's the best. Razer and Corsair Keyboards have the problem of forcing you to use their CLOUD.