Diverge 3 Keyboard
Total key count: 72.
Thumb Cluster, Compared to Ergodox
Diverge is a attempt to improve on the ergodox.
Compare the thumb keys to ergodox, Diverge 3's thumb is closer to center of hand.
- Diverge 3's thumb is under the middle of of B key.
- Ergodox thumb is more under the right corner of of B key.
[see Ergodox Keyboard]
You might think just half key width doesn't matter. Actually, one may cripple your thumb if you use it for a year. Which one, depends on your hand size.
For people who have Asian sized hands, the ergodox thumb keys requires stretch.
Thumb key position:
- Diverge (2014): left-most thumb key under V.
- Diverge 3: left-most thumb key under B.
- Ergodox: left-most thumb key starts at right corner of B.
[see Ergodox Keyboard Thumb Keys Pain]
However, the Diverge has 4 less keys. This means, you have to use key combinations to activate some of the standard keys.
Where to Buy
Xah Lee's Best Ergonomic Keyboards
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.