Gergo is a Do It Yourself keyboard, came out in 2019. Created by Jane Bernhardt.
Gergo by default use Kailh Choc Switch.
Typing Demo on Gergo 12g
Gergo Heavy is Gergo with a nice heavy bottom case.
- LT1 means layer one when held down and pressing another key.
- LCtl_T means left Ctrl when held down and pressing another key.
- LAlt_T means left Alt when held down and pressing another key.
- LGui_T means left ❖ Window (or ⌘ command) when held down and pressing another key.
- Upside down triangle ▽ means the key falls back to a lower layer meaning, if any.
- Mouse 1 means left mouse button.
- Mouse 2 means right mouse button.
- Mouse 3 means middle mouse button.
How to Configure Gergo Keyboard
Problem of my Gergo
- No homing tactile bump on the F J keycaps. → result in hand position problem.
- Flat top keycaps. → Result in frequent wrong typing due to hand in the wrong row or column.
- Bare PCB with no case. → Hitches clothing. Not good if using lying on bed. Not good in putting in a bag.
- 50g keys are too heavy. → Hurts hand when typing for hours.
If you buy gergo, make sure to have 40g keys or lighter switch, and get curved top keycaps, and two tacticle bump keycaps, and get a protective case.
Xah Gergo Layout
Where to Buy