Gergo is a Do It Yourself keyboard, came out in 2019. Created by Jeremy Bernhardt.
Gergo by default use Kailh Choc Switch.
Typing Demo on Gergo 12g
Gergo Heavy is Gergo with a nice heavy bottom case.
- LT1 means layer one when held down and pressing another key.
- LCtl_T means left Ctrl when held down and pressing another key.
- LAlt_T means left Alt when held down and pressing another key.
- LGui_T means left ❖Window (or ⌘command) when held down and pressing another key.
- Upside down triangle ▽ means the key falls back to a lower layer meaning, if any.
- Mouse 1 means left mouse button.
- Mouse 2 means right mouse button.
- Mouse 3 means middle mouse button.
How to Configure Gergo Keyboard
Problem of Gergo Keyboard
- No homing tactile bump on the F J keycaps.
- Flat top keycaps.
- Bare PCB with no case.
- 50g keys are too heavy.
No tactile homing bump on the F J keys keycap plus flat top keycaps means, often i misposition my fingers on the wrong row or column.
The no case is also problem. For example, putting it in bag, using it while lying in bed with a tablet. The bare PCB with eletronics in the back hitches clothing, and the exposed USB connectors are prone to damage.
Also the 50g keys are too heavy for me. If you buy gergo, i recommend 40g keys or lighter.
When you buy a Gergo, make sure you get curved top keycaps, two tacticle bump keycaps, 40g or lighter spring, and get a case.
Xah Gergo Layout
Where to Buy
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.