Note: Keychron K series are not programable. The Q2 is programable.
- Keychron K3 Version 2
- 84 Keys
- Bluetooth (connect to 3 devices) or USB Wired
- Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset
- White LED Backlit or RGB. (depending on model)
- Low-Profile Gateron Mechanical Switch
The Keychron K1, originally known as the Keytron, is the first product from Keychron, a low-profile mechanical keyboard that is available in tenkeyles (87-key) and full-size (104-key) variants. It was introduced as a Kickstarter project in October 2018.
2022-05-17 source https://deskthority.net/wiki/Keychron_K1
Subsequently, many version of K1 came out, and also K2, K3, etc.
- Bluetooth and USB C plug.
- Low Profile Gateron Switch [see Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms]
- 87 Keys
- White LED Backlight
The keys are not programable.
Keychron K8, came out in 2020-03.
- Bluetooth and USB C
- Gateron Switch [see Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms]
- 87 Keys
- RGB LED Backlit
- N-Key Rollover
Keychron Q2 keyboard
- 65% Compact Full Aluminum Frame: The Q2 Knob Version is a fully customizable mechanical keyboard with a 65% compact layout that pushes your typing experience to the next level. With a solid full aluminum frame, the Q2 is designed for a personalized experience and premium typing comfort.
- All-Around Customizable Keyboard: To build a fully customizable keyboard, we designed every component to be able to assemble easily. With full QMK and VIA support, you can program and remap each key on the keyboard with ease. The open-source firmware means endless possibilities for keyboard layouts, shortcuts, backlight effects, even the knob and more.
- Hot-swappable Support: With the Gateron G Pro mechanical linear red switch providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness with up to 50 million keystroke lifespan. You can also hot-swap the Q2 with almost all of the 3pin and 5pin MX mechanical switches on the market (including Cherry, Gateron, Kailh, Panda, etc.) without soldering required. The PCB-mounted screw-in stabilizer for “big keys” such as space bar, shift, enter, and delete are designed for less wobbliness.
- Innovative Double Gasket: This Double-Gasket Structure allows the keyboard to maintain the flexibility of the gasket structure and improves the overall typing sound. We added silicone pads between the top and bottom cases to significantly reduce the sound resonance between the metals and reduce the noise of the impacted metals.
- Double-shot PBT Keycaps & South-facing Backlight: The south-facing RGB is designed to better illuminate the keyboard backlight from the typist’s angle with the premium non-shine-through PBT keycaps installed. The PBT keycaps will provide excellent oil resistance, enhance the type feel, and prevent the legends from fading out.
History of Keychron
Keychron is a keyboard manufacturer that appeared in 2018 when the low-profile Keytron mechanical keyboard (later renamed the Keychron K1) was introduced as a Kickstarter project. As of May 2020, they have expanded to add full-height mechanical keyboards to their product line, as well as a multifunction USB hub and accessories like palm rests and alternate keycaps.
Keychron's keyboards are designed to work well with MacOS systems, featuring Command (⌘) and Option (⌥) keys as standard keycaps, though the keyboards are also compatible with iOS, PC, and Android, and are shipped with some PC-style alternate keycaps if needed. They have a function key row (or layer, in the case of the smaller K6) that matches the current standard for MacOS media keys, and dedicated keys for taking screenshots and summoning Siri or another search engine. The keyboards can be used either as wired USB Type-C peripherals or use Bluetooth to connect to up to three devices. They also feature backlit keys, with either white or RGB LEDs available.
2022-05-17 source https://deskthority.net/wiki/Keychron