Active Stylus vs Non-Active Stylus
Non-Active Stylus pretty much simulate finger. Advantage is that it's cheap and simple. Problem is, you have to hold to have a right click, which is very frustrating because sometimes it doesn't work, and also it's difficult to make a text selection.
Active pen typically require battery (or rechargeable), have buttons on the pen, can work as eraser, and is pressure sensitive, can do right click, can drag to select easily.
most importantly, with active pen, you can write or draw with palm on the tablet, and you have dedicated right click, often necessary.
RENAISSER Raphael 520 Stylus for Surface
This is fantastic. I'd say, best active-stylus for Microsoft Surface tablet. [see Microsoft Surface Pro 4, 2015]
- 【Magnetic Attach】 Attaches to Surface Pro/Go/Book perfectly, you can carry the pen on the LEFT side of Surface Pro/Go/Book. *LEFT SIDE ONLY
- 【Ultra-fast Charging】Avoid the hassle and waste of disposable batteries. Just 20 minutes of charging provides enough power for 50 hours of use. A 1-hour charge can last for more than 100 hours.
- 【Ergonomic Design】 Palm rejection capability allows you to rest your hand comfortably on the screen. With a 9.2 mm diameter, a streamlined design, and weighing only 14 grams, this stylus is easy to use for extended periods of time..
- 【Tilt and 4096 Pressure Sensitivity Supported】MPP 2.0 Technology helps to precisely sketch and shade with 4,096 pressure sensitivities that respond to the lightest touch.
- Only compatible with Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 5, Surface Pro 6, Surface Pro 7, Surface Pro 7 Plus, Surface Pro X, Surface Go/Go 2, Surface Book/Book 2/Book 3, Surface Studio 1st Gen, Surface Studio 2, Surface Laptop 1/Laptop 2/Laptop 3/Laptop 4 *Do not compatible with Surface Laptop Go and others Windows 10 touch screen computers.