Mikicat Stylus Review
2020-08-02 Bought this Stylus Pen by Mikicat.
2020-08-16 update: do not buy. it broke after 41 days. The button to turn it on no longer works.
This is the general purpose active pen for any touch-screen. tablet or phone.
Full name: “Stylus Pen for Touch Screens, Rechargeable 1.5mm Fine Point Smart Pencil Active Stylus Digital Pen Compatible with iPad and Most Tablet by Mikicat”
- Has a builtin battery. Rechargeable by a USB micro-b plug.
- Can use continuously for about 1 to 2 hours when fully charged.
- Takes about 50 min to fully charge.
Click the button on the pen to turn on. The button feels like a mouse button. When on, it lights blue.
Works on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and Moto G5 Plus, 2017 phone.
- Only $20. But not good.
- Has a metal tip. Everytime you use it, it's like a metal hitting glass. It makes a sharp click sound.
- The meta tip on glass is super slippery. It's difficult to use it to draw with precision.
- Better than those cheap fat soft rubber tip pens.
If you just want a pen for clicking etc, it ok. Finger is still much more responsive for clicking. If you want to draw, or do lots note taking, it's not ideal.
if you went for Apple pencil Buy at amazon or Microsoft surface pen Buy at amazon , they are $100.
I have a Microsoft pen for Surface pro 4. It's much better. But it stopped working after a software update. Not sure am out of battery or what.