PowerShell Builtin Help
help help → display how to use help, and topics.
Here's common help syntax:
help dir→ show doc for “dir”
help *r→ show all commands ending in “r”
Help Screen Navigation Keys
- Space → show next screen
- Return → show next line
- h → show key hint
- ? → show key hint
- q → exit
- f → exit
- p → prompt to type a number for next n lines
- s → prompt to type a number for next n screen ?
- = → show current line number
On MacOS and Linux
The basic keys are:
- h → show navigation keys
- q → quit
- f → next screen (forward screen)
- b → previous screen (backward screen)
- Space → next screen (forward screen)
- Return → Forward one line
- j → Forward one line
- k → Backward one line
Press Tab Key for Name Completion
Press Tab key for name completion.
Press Tab again to see next choice.
Name completion work on options too. For example, type
help dir -e then Tab.
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.