PowerShell Builtin Help
- Show how to use help, and topics.
- Show doc for “dir”
- Show all commands ending in “r”
Help Screen Keys
These are the basic keys. They work in Windows, Mac, Linux. There are other minor keys but you don't need them. (such as show next line)
- Space → show next screen.
- Return → show next line.
- h → show key help.
- q → quit.
On Windows, to see previous page: exit help, then PageUp.
On linux/MacOS, these are also useful:
- f → next screen (forward screen)
- b → previous screen (backward screen)
Press Tab Key for Name Completion
Press Tab key for name completion.
Press Tab again to see next choice.
Name completion work on options too. For example, type
help dir -e then Tab.
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.