Mechanical Keyboard: Kailh Switch
Kailh switch is a Cherry MX compatible switch, made by Chinese company “Kaihua Electronics Co., Ltd.”. (凯华). Home page at http://www.kailh.com/
many big-brand keyboards are starting to use kailh switch, or using a switch custom made by the company, including:
Truly Ergonomic Keyboard, Steelseries, Mad Catz, and others.
Kailh vs Cherry MX, is Kailh good quality?
Some say it's made in China, a clone, thus bad. Others points out the company makes lots of industrial switches used everywhere, and Cherry MX's quality control has been going downhill.
as of now (), there's no substantial evidence either way.
for more details of the Kailh switch, see:
search amazon and you'll find lots. keyboard kailh switch
Key Switch Topic
- Computer Keyboard Design Flaws
- Guide to Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms
- Mechanical Keyboard Noise Comparison
- What's NKRO, N-key Rollover?
- Blank Keycaps vs Labeled Keys
- Keyboard Keycaps: ABS, PBT
- Keyboard Key Label Printing Technologies
- List of Keyboards with Mechanical Switch
- List of Keyboards with Topre Switch
- Hall Effect Switch Keyboard
- Mechanical Keyboard: Kailh Switch
- Does Mechanical Keyboard Reduce Risk of Repetitive Strain Injury?
- List of Hardware Dvorak Layout Keyboards
- Programable Keyboards with Onboard Memory