Logitech G604 Mouse
Logitech G604 Mouse came out in 2019-09.
- Both Bluetooth and USB wireless. Can switch between them for using on 2 computers.
- One AA battery. 5 months in bluetooth or 240 hours in USB wireless mode.
- Many buttons.
- Fantastic for programers.
- And a must have spin wheel. [see Why You Need Spin Wheel]
I bought it on 2020-07-08. It is very nice. The ghub software to program the mouse is lousy, but if you are patent, you can program all the buttons into the onboard memory. Then, you can use the mouse on any machine and operating system without needing ghub present.
G-hub, Worst Software
The software to program the mouse, is worst on earth.
Very difficult to understand the user interface. You have to spend at least 1 hour trial and error to understand how to program the buttons for setting the onboard memory.
However, the ghub is capable to program the onboard memory for all the buttons.
For detail why ghub is so bad, see Logitech G-Hub Sucks
In the onboard memory screen, when you make a change to the profile, it'll take about 10 seconds for the software to send the signal wirelessly to set the firmware in the mouse. During this time, don't move your mouse too much.
If you screwed up, and the ghub gets stuck on its flash screen or blank screen etc, the solution is delete the ghub and reinstall it.
Size and Weight
weight: 113g without battery. 138g with battery.
This mouse is lightly larger and heaver than the wired version of Logitech G502 Mouse
Optimal Button Setup
Here's optimal button setup for web browsing.
- thumb top row: G9 switch onboard profile, G8 close tab, G7 browser back
- thumb buttom row: G6 prev window, G5 next tab, G4 prev tab
- + paste
- - copy
- wheel left → browser zoom out
- wheel right → browser zoom in
Buy at amazon
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.