Logitech G502 Mouse
- In 2014-04, Logitech “G502 Proteus” came out.
- In 2016-01, “G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB” came out, added rainbow color lighting.
- In 2018-08, “G502 HERO” came out, upgraded sensor.
- In 2019-05, “G502 LIGHTSPEED” came out, wireless and rechargeable.
- logitech g502 wireless Buy at amazon
- 11 programable buttons. 5 practically usable customizable buttons on the thumb side (the others buttons have default purposes you probably don't want to change)
- The top 2 buttons, one is toggle for clicky-wheel to spin-wheel. The other, G9, is for switching profile, by default.
- The scroll-wheel can be pushed left/right as buttons. By default, they are left/right scroll. (can be reprogramed.)
- Detachable weights.
- Turnable tracking. Supposedly let you tune the laser tracking to the surface you are using. Kinda questionable waste of tech.
Excellent reviews on amazon.
Spin wheel is the most wonderful feature, especially in Linux.
[see Mouse with Spin Wheel]
121 grams (not counting cable nor extra weight)
[see Mouse Weight Comparison]
Note, since around 2019, logitech G-Hub software came out. G-Hub has the worst user interface that's impossible to understand.
old: Logitech Gaming Software
Logitech Gaming Software is superb. Available for Microsoft Windows and Mac. You program the keys once, and they are set into the mouse's memory. You can then plug it in linux or any other machine, and your customized buttons work as you programed.