Logitech G502 Mouse
- Logitech G502 Proteus came out on 2014-04.
- In 2016-01, a Proteus Spectrum RGB update came out, added rainbow color lighting.
- In 2018-08, a HERO update came out, upgraded sensor.
- In 2019-05, “LIGHTSPEED” update came out, wireles and recharable.
as of 2019-11-04, according to amazon reviews, lots bad reviews say double click problem and software problem.
- 11 programable buttons. 5 practically usable customizable buttons on the thumb side (the others buttons have default purposes you probably don't want to change)
- The top 2 buttons, one is toggle for clicky-wheel to spin-wheel. The other, G9, is for switching profile, by default.
- The scroll-wheel can be pushed left/right as buttons. By default, they are left/right scroll. (can be reprogramed.)
- Detachable weights.
- Turnable tracking. Supposedly let you tune the laser tracking to the surface you are using. Kinda questionable waste of tech.
Excellent reviews on amazon.
Spin wheel is the most wonderful feature, especially in Linux.
[see Mouse with Spin Wheel]
121 grams (not counting cable nor extra weight)
[see Mouse Weight Comparison]
Logitech's software is always superb. One software, and it drives all logitech's gaming devices.
Available for Microsoft Windows and Mac.
You program the keys once, and they are set into the mouse's memory. You can then plug it in linux or any other machine, and your customized buttons work as you programed.
Buy Logitech G502 Mouse
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.