Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 2019
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard. This came out in 2019-10.
Verticle Key Columns Not Much Slanted
Note, the verticle key columns are not as much slanted. Look at the columns Q A Z. This is a major innovation from a mainstream keyboard maker.
This is a improvement from their previous Microsoft Sculpt from 2013
and Microsoft Surface from 2016
Those have thin keys like laptop keyboards.
the new has traditional thick keys.
Better Alt Key Position
Another major improvement is that now the Alt key is even closer to thumb.
On their previous models, it's to the lower left of c key.
Now it's to the lower right of c key.
Is Spacebar Stiff?
One bad thing is the spacebar. It becomes a long bar again. Better is a split bar.
On a previous version, the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, the space bar is a major problem. It is super stiff.
No Gap on Function Keys
Another flaw is, there is no gap between the function keys row and number row. This makes touch location less efficient. You have to look at the keys more often.
[see Why Function Keys Are Useful]
Here's their marketing blurb
- Exceptional comfort. Work all day, with reduced risk of fatigue and injury, on our Ergonomist-approved design.
- Excellent support. Improved cushion and ergonomically tested palm rest covered in premium fabric provides all-day comfort and promotes a neutral wrist posture.
- Be more productive with built-in shortcuts, including dedicated keys for office 365,* emojis, search, easy access to media controls, and more.
- Designed to last — wired for reliable speed and accuracy.
- Crunch numbers Fast, with a dedicated integrated pad.
Xah Talk Show on Microsoft Keyboard
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.