QWERTZ layout and variant is used in Germany and central Europe (Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia-Herzegovina.)
It differs from QWERTY by swapping Y and Z.
Here is the frequency of these keys in German:
- Z (1.13%) 20th most frequent.
- Y (0.04%) 25th most frequent.
[see German Keyboard Layouts]
We see that both are not frequently used, and Y is almost never used.
Western Europe Layouts
- Idiocy of International Keyboard Layouts
- German Ergonomic
- Canadian Multilingual Layout
- New AZERTY French Keyboard Layout (2019)
- French Ergonomic
- Bepo Layout (French)
- French Letter Frequency
- Spanish Keyboard Layouts
- Portuguese Ergonomic