Elecom DEFT Trackball
This is new, from Japan. This product appeared around 2016.
This is one of the best trackball, for small to medium sized hands.
It is very unique. It is just about the only trackball with index finger operated ball, with a scroll wheel (and for thumb), and with 8 buttons, and even a resolution/dpi switch!
〔►see Trackballs with Scroll Wheel〕
- Rigth button on top, a thin strip marked with R.
- Left button on thumb side, below the wheel, marked with L.
- 1 browser forward button. Above the wheel.
- 1 browser backward button. Above the wheel.
- 1 DPI switch, in front of wheel.
- 3 function buttons, on top, left of the ball. These don't do anything by default, and are not standard buttons. You need to use their software to program them.
Scroll Wheel with Tilt
The scroll wheel can be pressed as middle button, and can tilt to the sides.
Some reviewers said it's hard to press the scroll wheel, and also hard to tild up. You are likely to lift the mouse when you tilt it up.
Spins about 1.5 seconds.
Work in Linux?
This works on Linux out of the box, except the 3 function buttons on top left.
You can remap mouse buttons the usual way. 〔►see Linux: How to Swap Mouse Buttons〕
Ball diameter is 34 mm.
〔Wireless. Buy at amazon〕
〔Wired. Buy at amazon〕