Elecom EX-G Trackball
Elecom EX-G Trackball series came out starting in 2014. Second generation came out in 2015-10.
There are left-handed version, right-handed version, and also wired and wireless versions.
- Wireless via USB transceiver.
- 1 AA battery.
- 6 buttons. (left, right, middle (wheel), left top 2, pinky)
- Scroll wheel can tilt left/right. Can also be pressed, as 3rd button.
Hold the pinky strip button slow down DPI.
Ball diameter is 34 mm.
Software to Reprogram Buttons
However, software are available to reprogram the buttons, for Microsoft Windows and Mac.
download Elecom Mouse Assistant at http://www.elecom.co.jp/global/download/utility/mouse_assistant/
Work in Linux?
A user wrote:
the M-XT3DR model is NOT fully functional in Linux out of the box; the rightmost button isn't detected at any level, and “right click” comes mapped to the middle button.
— user Trilkhai, 2017-02-11
Otherwise, works in Linux out of the box.
The top left 2 buttons are browser back and forward.
You can remap mouse buttons in Linux using
[see Linux: How to Swap Mouse Buttons]
Model Numbers and Differences
- Elecom M-XT1DRBR
- First generation. Wireless.
- Elecom M-XT1URBK
- First generation. Wired. Buy at amazon
- Elecom M-XT2DRBR
- Second generation. Hold the pinky button to slow down cursor. Hardware function.
- Elecom M-XT3DRBK
- Wireless. No hold pinky button to slow down feature. Buy at amazon
- Elecom M-XT3URBK
- Wired. Buy at amazon
- Elecom M-XT4DRBK
- Left handed version. Wireless. Buy at amazon
Elecom EX-G Pro
Elecom EX-G Pro (34mm)