Best Ergonomic Keyboards, Xah Pick
Here is a list of the best ergonomic keyboards. They vary in price, shape, features.
New comer. Elegant, light, and bluetooth. Low profile keys. My main keyboard since 2023-03.
Kinesis Advantage2 Keyboard
This is my main keyboard from 2016-08 to to 2022-08.
The first 5 years i had a model with Cherry MX Brown (tactile) switches. But since 2021-01, i bought a model with Cherry MX Silent Red (linear) switches . I find brown to be too stiff.
If you are looking for a one-piece flat compact ergo keyboard, this is the one.
This is my favorite. This is my second goto keyboard. I used it for months on and off. Sometimes as my portable. For some period of time, i use it while lying in bed. I've had over ten fancy ergo keyboards, but the xbows, is always a extreme joy to hop onto.
Ultimate Hacking Keyboard (UHK) Version 2
The version 2 is quality in every way and detail to the design. I use UHK as my key macro keypad, UHK from 2018-01 to now (2023-05).
Which Ergonomic Keyboards is for You?
All keyboards listed on this page are great ergonomic keyboards. Buy any one of them will be good.
People often ask me which is the best?
Which one to chose depends on your needs and your hand.
- How much you want to spend?
- Do you need it to be portable?
- Do you want wireless?
- Do you touch type? If no, then flat keyboard is probably better, and grid-layout won't be much useful.
most important, about Repetitive Strain Injury:
How many keystrokes you type a day? Are you a programer or a journalist, novel writer? [see How Many Words Do You Type a Day?]
• Do you already have hand discomfort due to keyboard use? If so, then i recommend one that has all of the following features:
- Mechanical keys.
- Split sections for hands. (not necessarily in 2 pieces.)
- Keyboard with tenting. [see Keyboard Tilt, Tenting, Orientation] [see Is Keyboard Tenting Important (Wrist Pronation)]
- Rectangular grid layout. (that is, columns and rows are 90 degrees)
See also: Bad Keyboard Advice from Programers