Logitech G513 Keyboard
Logitech G513 Keyboard, came out in June, 2018.
A great feature, is the choice of 3 different switches.
- Romer-G tactile. (the original Romer-g. Similar to Cherry MX Brown)
- Romer-G Linear. New, in 2018.
- GX Blue clicky. New, in 2018. Similar to Cherry MX Blue
- Customizable full spectrum color lighting per key. LIGHTSYNC game-driven lighting colors and effects.
- Choice of GX Blue, Romer-G tactile, Romer-G linear, mechanical key switches.
- Come with a Memory Foam palm rest, as a separate piece, not attached to keyboard.
- Brushed aluminum alloy keyboard shell.
- 1 USB pass-through port on keyboard. But the keyboard requires 2 USB connection to use it.
Comes with about 12 extra keycaps with different key top profile. For left hand around W A S D For gamers. Also comes with a key puller.
- If you choose the Romer g linear or Romer g tactile switches, the LED does not bleed out, like those Cherry MX do. This is a unique design feature of the Romer g switches. (i don't know about GX Blue)
- Romer g switches are noticeably quieter than Cherry MX ones.
[see Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms]
[see Logitech G810 Keyboard]
- No extra programable keys.
- No dedicated media control keys. No sound wheel. you have to hold Fn plus one of the function keys for media control.
- No numlock indicator light. No scroll lock indicator light.
Buy at amazon
The nice wrist pad is useless. you should never sit your hand on wrist pad while typing. Nor should you rest hand on it when not typing. (you should remove your hand from typing position when not actually typing. Reduce strain.) Use $2 washable throwaway-able bath tower folded instead. It needs to be at least 4cm high.
[see How to Touch-Type]
The fancy color lights is pretty useless.
No extra function keys, no sound wheel, no media control keys, and fairly expensive.
Basically, when consider functionality, this keyboard is not much better than cheap $50 ones.
For similar, you better off with