Logitech C920 Webcam Review
Logitech C920 webcam review
2018-06-22 my webcam arrived.
Summary: no buy.
- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels)
- H.264 video compression
- Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction.
- Automatic low-light correction
- Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or monitors
- Compatible with: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later. Works in USB Video Device Class (UVC) mode: Mac OS 10.6 or later (HD 720p on FaceTime for Mac or other supported video-calling clients; Full HD 1080p video recording with QuickTime Player) Chrome OS,Android v 5.0 or above (with supported video-calling clients),USB port,Internet connection
Logitech C920 Cannot Focus Near Objects
BAD. All the review sites say it's best. I bought it. It has problem focusing correctly for anything within a forearm length. It can focus correctly if something is really close, like 5cm, but when you bring somethnig close, such as a keyboard, within 50 cm but not as close as 5cm, it tries to auto focus but its final choice is blurry. Lots one star ⭐ reviews have similar complaints. Also, the other model C922x, isn't better.
here's a video made with the Logitech C920 Webcam.
you can see, the video is blurry.
If you search reviews, many sites says the logitech C920 is the best. Either lie, or paid reviews, or reviews churned out by clickbait commercial sites. These days, its hard to find proper review.
by the way, the logitech C922x have the same focus problem.
I've also read reviews of other expensive logitech ones. This one logitech brio webcam for $200. It's crap.
Logitech C920 vs Spedal Webcam MF934H
Note that as of today, 2021-09-27, The logitech is $74, and Spedal is $41, on amazon.
- The Logitech has 2 big blue light in a bracket shape when the cam is on.
- The Spedal has 1 tiny red light dot when the cam is on. If you are not directly looking at the the cam, you cannot see it.
Wide Angle Comparison
The Spedal has wider angle than Logitech, and no fisheye lens distortion.
Low Light Comparison
Logitech is better at low light.
Logitech auto focus does not work well when closer in forearm length. Also, the video becomes fuzzy whenever you move, because it's trying to adjust focus.
The Spedal is manual focus. It's a joy to use, no constant fuzzy problem. You actually do not need to manually adjust the focus. Just adjust it once, and it wors ok. If you are a video professional who actually want manual focus, you need to buy more expensive real cameras, not webcam.
There are lots cheap webcams there, and it seems, they are not bad.
Conclusion: never buy logitech webcam
Use Action Cam as Webcam
popular YouTube stars are using these.
- Canon PowerShot G7 X Digital Camera - Wi-Fi Enabled Buy at amazon
- Sony a7 III ILCE7M3/B Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera Buy at amazon
- Canon EOS RP Full Frame Mirrorless Vlogging Portable Digital Camera Buy at amazon
- Elgato Cam Link 4K, External Camera Capture Card, Stream and Record with DSLR, Camcorder, ActionCam as Webcam in 1080p60, 4K30 for Video Conferencing, Home Office, Gaming, on OBS, Zoom, Teams, PC/Mac Buy at amazon