Datadesk Smartboard Keyboard
This one is one of the best ergonomic keyboard.
Note the split space bar key. Excellent.
Also, large Alt and Ctrl keys, symmetrically positioned, right under the thumb.
Mechanical key switch!
- Does Mechanical Keyboard Reduce Risk of Repetitive Strain Injury?
- Guide to Computer Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms
Note the non-staggered key layout. Excellent.
The design of this keyboard is:
- Better than Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, because the 4000 still has staggered key layout, and 4000's stiff spacebar is simply intolerable. The datadesk smartboard has split space bar.
- Comparable to Kinesis Contoured Keyboard. The Datadesktech Smartboard is more conventional.
- Comparable to Truly Ergonomic keyboard. The Datadesktech Smartboard is more conventional.
Best of all, it's only $100. All other ergonomic keybinding with mechanical switches costs at least $220. 〔➤see How to Chose Ergonomic Keyboards〕
See one review here: 〔SmartBoard USB5000 Review By Christopher Turner. @ http://www.atpm.com/12.05/smartboard.shtml〕.
This keyboard used to be on Amazon around 2010 or before. According to reviewers at Amazon, the company Datadesk Tech seems to be around as early as 1990s, and the company seems to be one-man running in basement. Not sure if it is still available.
Call them up on their website and see if they still sell it. at www.datadesktech.com. (if you do, please leave a comment.)