New French Keyboard Layout
2019-04-03 work in progress
French has a new keyboard layout, designed by the gov
The project was began in 2015.
French new layout (standard NF Z71-300), create in 2019.
official gov site http://norme-azerty.fr/
It offers two layouts, one of which closely follows the QWERTY keyboard used by most people who write in French.
- it contains all the characters required to enter text in French (eg É, œ and ')
- it is designed to be more ergonomic and allow faster input
- it includes almost 60 additional characters for foreign language input, technical content, etc.
- however, the characters remain easy to locate thanks to intuitive groupings
- The new AZERTY layout has been developed using computer algorithms. These are based on the results of the most recent research on text input, a large amount of French text data (from newspapers to programming code via Twitter), and large-scale studies. typing speed.
she is the one who created piano keyboard. see Using Piano to Type Text
- Alt Graph, Compose, Dead Key
- Most Efficient Layout?
- Maltron vs Dvorak
- Colemak vs Workman
- Dvorak Layout
- Hardware vs Software Dvorak
- Myth of QWERTY vs Dvorak
- Dvorak vs Colemak
- Blank Keycaps vs Labeled Keys
- List of Dvorak Keyboards
- Qwerty to Dvorak, A PhD thesis, 1978
- International Layouts
- QWERTZ, AZERTY
- German Ergonomic
- New French Layout
- French Ergonomic
- French Letter Frequency
- Portuguese Ergonomic
- Chinese Input Methods
- Japanese Layouts
Char Frequency Counter
- Most Efficient Layout for Numbers?
- Semicolon vs Apostrophe Frequency
- Inverted Number Row Better?
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.