French Ergonomic Keyboard Layouts: dvorak-fr, bepo, bvofrak
Here is a list of ergonomic keyboard layout for the French language.
For standard French layout, see French Keyboard Layouts
Dvorak-fr is a ergonomic layout for French. It appeared in 2002.
- Vowels on left hand home row.
- Letter arrangement optimized for French.
- Inverted number row. (as with French layouts in general.)
[see Dvorak Keyboard Layout]
Dvorak-fr has a variation “Dvorak-fr-k” for the Kinesis Advantage2 Keyboard .
Dvorak-fr is designed by Francis Leboutte, home page at http://www.algo.be/ergo/dvorak-fr.html
Bvofrak is ergonomic layout for French. It's based on Dvorak-fr and Bépo.
It has several different versions for different keyboard.
There's even a version for English.
Bvofrak home page at
- QWERTZ, AZERTY
- German Ergonomic
- Canadian Multilingual Layout
- New AZERTY French Keyboard Layout (2019)
- French Ergonomic
- Bepo Layout (French)
- French Letter Frequency
- Spanish Keyboard Layouts
- Portuguese Ergonomic