Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard
Matias came out with a mechanical ergonomic keyboard, on 2015 July.
This is excellent.
- Mechanical keys. 〔►see Does Mechanical Keyboard Reduce Risk of Repetitive Strain Injury?〕
- Split design.
- Big Ctrl key, big Alt key.
- Modifier placed close to thumb. Note the Alt (or ⌘ command) is between X and C. (on normal PC keyboard, it's between Z and X. For example, see: Logitech G710+ Keyboard)
- Split space bar. Excellent!
- Dedicated keys for undo cut copy past. Excellent!
The key switch used is a “ALPS-inspired”. 〔►see Guide to Keyboard Key Switch Mechanisms〕
There's a innovation here. Note the Ctrl key, above the right space key.
- Key repeat or not register. Many amazon reviews complain about this.
- The keyboard is bulky, with large margin.
〔►see 2-Piece Split Keyboards〕