DEC VT100 Terminal
The glorious VT 100, introduced in 1978.
It's got 80×24 characters screen.
Interesting features of the keyboard:
- There is no Alt key. So, for emacs users, you have to press Escape instead.
- There is a SETUP, on top left. From the manual: “This key is used in conjunction with other keys to perform specific functions such as setting tabs, scrolling, and altering terminal characteristics.”
- Note the Ctrl CapsLock placements.
- NO SCROLL key, on the left.
- LINE FEED key, on the right.
- Break key, on the right.
- DELETE key, on the right.
[see Practical Emacs Tutorial]
[see GNU Emacs and XEmacs Schism]