Symbolics Space-Cadet Keyboard
The Space-cadet keyboard is made in 1980s. It came after the Knight keyboard.
There are only about 100 made.
Meta Hyper Super Modifiers
The modifiers are:
- Shift → For UPPERCASE letters
- greek/front → insert Greek character, printed in front of the keycaps.
- top → insert APL characters, printed on upper top of the keycaps.
- Meta → modifier, used heavily in emacs.
- Hyper → extra modifier, can be used in emacs.
- Super → extra modifier, can be used in emacs.
The extra modifiers allows more key combination possibilities.
However, extra modifiers create much less possibilities than key sequences.
Thumb Up Key
[see Hand Emoji 👍]
Here's more photos of the Space-cadet keyboard, a brand new one.
For the key layout, see: Lisp Machine Keyboard Layout
For lots more photos of the space cadet keyboard, see: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/obra/sets/72157635353286814/
Thanks to Jon Snader for tip.
Symbolics Lisp Machine Keyboards
Hacker Lore Keyboards
- History of Emacs and vi Keys
- Lisp Machine Keyboards
- Symbolics Space-Cadet Keyboard
- How to Create APL or Math Symbols Keyboard Layout
- Univac F-1355-00 Keyboard
- Ann Arbor Ambassador 60 Terminal
- ADM-3A Terminal
- DEC VT100 Terminal
- IBM Model M keyboard
- Sun Microsystems Type 6 Keyboard
- Control Key and Capslock Key Positions in Old Keyboards
- The Idiocy of Happy Hacking Keyboard
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.